Well here it is, the big “Kitchen Reveal”… There are still a few small finishing touches I want to add (new light fixtures, remove popcorn ceiling and possibly add lighting above the breakfast bar and/or remove the soffit all together), but this is about as finished as it’s going to get for a while, so I figured I should share it before I forget!
If you missed it, check HERE for the BEFORE pictures and where I got my inspiration!
The finished product:
What is probably my favorite addition: my “Coffee Station”
I’m still trying to figure out what to do with these wooden trays…
But I love my bell jar!
And just for good measure:
I still can’t believe it’s come this far, and I often forget what it looked like in the beginning… Seeing these pictures side by side like this really validates all the hard work that went into it!
Here’s a rundown of what we did:
- Removed cabinets above breakfast bar
- Painted cabinets and wainscoting
- Replaced cabinet hardware
- Painted walls (1.5 times… oops.)
- Refinished countertops (!!)
- Updated appliances
- Removed old vent above stove & mounted new microwave w/vent
- Created smaller cabinet above microwave after removing old vent
- Replaced switch plates and outlets
- Sewed lined curtains for the sliding door and above the sink
- Double hung sheers with the curtains on the sliding door
- Added 2 storage buffets
- Created the “coffee station” by adding a shelf above the buffet
- Purchased 3 sea grass counter height barstools
- Bought a used dining table and 4 chairs and refinished them
- Added the decorative stuff and hung pictures
This was seriously a labor of love, and was a VERY slow process… But I’m glad it’s (mostly) done, and I’m absolutely thrilled with it. The kitchen and dining room are now my favorite places in the house! Now if I can just convince Jason to splurge on the light fixtures I want.