It’s been a while since I’ve posted so I figured since I can’t show you the kitchen or laundry room yet (almost, at least for the kitchen. Just a few finishing touches… I promise!) that I would share some things I’ve been loving right now:
1. My job. I know that’s silly, but I really love it! After 3 years of working with only one other person or by myself, it’s really nice to be working with people and helping people. Co-workers like this don’t hurt either:
2. My own little cuddle bugs… Tuaca has been extra cuddly lately, and it gets a little distracting. The workout pictures are from two separate occasions, and Blue is always cuddly.
3. Puffs Plus Lotion with the scent of Vicks. Yup, I got sick again… And these things are my favorite ever. They are soft so they don’t hurt your nose AND they help clear you up when your stuffy. Win Win.
4. Dove Go Sleeveless Deodorant. I used to use Lady Speed Stick and it worked great but I ran out and couldn’t find the scent I liked, so I decided to try something else… And I love it! I have the Soothing Chamomile scent and it’s really nice. The deodorant works great, it’s gentle on my skin, and it smells great. I had some on when I went for my run yesterday and I smelled wonderful even though I was sweating.
5. Healthy Choice Top Chef inspired Café Steamers. I’ve been eating a lot of the “healthy frozen meals” lately they are easy and some of them are pretty darn tasty. They are especially great for work, they are quick to microwave, easy to eat and easy to clean up. I’ve tried quite a few meals from various brands but the Healthy Choice Top Chef inspired ones tend to be my favorite, but my absolute favorites are the Honey Glazed Turkey with Sweet Potatoes:
(Source, for all healthy choice images used)
Although this is a professional photo, it really does look this delicious! My second favorite has to be the Chicken and Linguini with Red Pepper Alfredo sauce. It’s got a little bit of a kick, but it’s delicious, with a good portion of veggies mixed in.
For the record, Jason loves the Turkey one as well, but his absolute favorite is the regular Café Steamer’s Beef Merlot.
6. Maybelline Fit Me foundation. Recently I’ve seen a few of my friends on Facebook ask what foundation their friends are using and I can’t say enough about the Fit Me line. I was never a big fan of wearing foundation, I had pretty clear skin growing up but as I got older I was starting to get acne (which was birth control related, but that’s for another post) and foregoing foundation was not an option any more. After trying a BUNCH of different kinds and not liking the way they felt I tried the Fit Me line and fell in love. It’s light/medium coverage and it goes on really light and it lets your skin breathe still (I also mix it with moisturizer to get really sheer coverage when my skin is really clear, it gives it the perfect amount of coverage without looking like your wearing anything!). Even thought the colors do blend well for any skin tone, I mix 3 different shades to perfectly match my skin on a daily basis; some days I’m darker or paler than others and I like my foundation to match perfectly. Also my skins undertones change depending on how light or dark my skin is (yellower in the winter, warmer/pinker in the summer) so the colors I use are the one closest to my “regular” skin tone, one that is just a shade lighter (ivory with more yellow undertones) than the color my skin is when I’m my palest, and conversely a shade darker (with more pink undertones) than my darkest tanned skin tone… It works great for me, and the makeup artist who did my makeup for the wedding complimented me on that technique.
Well, that’s all I got folks. Until next time!
Disclaimer: Any opinions on the products are my own, I was not paid by any of the companies to give a review nor was I compensated for mentioning their product or given money to purchase any of the products. Any products mentioned were purchased with my own personal money for my own personal use, I just liked them so decided to share.